Prep Time 10min. Total Time 20min. Servings 6 servings
Imagine yourself in the Aloha State with these Hawaiian nachos! With pineapple, cheese, bacon & more, these Hawaiian chicken nachos are a crowd-pleaser.
- 1/4 cuppineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp.brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp.Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 tsp.cornstarch
- 1 tsp.water
- 2 cups shredded cookedchicken
- 7 cupsTortilla Chips
- 1-1/2 cupsKRAFT Shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup dicedfresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup dicedonion
- 3 slicesOSCAR MAYER bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. sliced jalapeño pepper slices
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
MethodIn a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar, and teriyaki sauce.Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add to the saucepan.Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened. Mix the shredded chicken with the sauce until chicken is evenly coated.
- 200g plain corn tortilla chips
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded into small pieces
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 140g Red Leicester cheese, grated
- 1 small jar red or green sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- small bunch coriander, leaves roughly chopped
- your choice of salsa, hot pepper sauce (like Chipolte Tabasco), crème fraîche, guacamole or extra jalapeños, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Layer up the tortilla chips in an ovenproof dish or baking tray with the chopped chicken, spring onions, cheese and pickled jalapeños. Bake for 8 mins or until the cheese is melted.
- To serve, sprinkle with the coriander and eat with your favourite accompaniments.
- 2 large bags (14 ounces) Tortilla Chips
- Salt, to taste, if using tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded pepper-Jack cheese
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes with onion and chiles, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Red Pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 1 pound)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- If making chips from tortillas, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut each stack of tortillas into sixths. Spread out 1 package in single layer onto 2 large sheet pans. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Season lightly with salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees F, 10 to 12 minutes, until browned and crisp, rotating pans from front to back and switching oven positions. Transfer chips to bowl. Repeat with second tortilla package.
- For cheese sauce, melt butter in medium-size saucepan. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in the milk, until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat until bubbly and thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in cheese until smooth. Stir in tomatoes, chiles, salt and red pepper.
- Spread half of chips on ovenproof platter or large pan. Top with half the cheese sauce, half the beans and half the chicken. Repeat with remaining chips, beans and chicken. Cover with remaining sauce.
- Bake in 400 degrees F oven 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Top with chopped scallions. Serve warm.
- 1 beaten Egg
- 1/4 cup fine dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground raw chicken
- 1/4 cup bottled sweet-and-sour sauce
- 4 canned pineapple rings
- 4 kaiser rolls or Hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Shredded spinach
- In a medium bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, water chestnuts, ginger, salt, and pepper. Add ground chicken and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- To grill, place patties on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals; cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in side of patty registers 165 degrees F., turning once and brushing with sweet-and-sour sauce during last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, place pineapple slices on grill rack. Cook for 5 minutes, turning as needed.
- To serve burgers, sprinkle bottom half of each bun with some shredded spinach. Top with patties. Brush patties with sweet-and-sour sauce and top with pineapple slices. Makes 4 servings.