Put the chicken, sauce and pineapple in the slow cooker in the morning and have a quick and easy dinner tonight!Serve over cooked rice.more
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts (mine were still frozen!)
- 1 bottle Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce (from Target)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- Cooked rice
MethodEmpty can of drained pineapple chunks on top.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (Coleslaw mix)
- 1/4 cup Barbecue Sauce*
- 1 cup shredded smoked cheddar or Cheddar Cheese (4 ounces)
- 8 slices sourdough italian loaf
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Reduced-fat Potato Chips (optional)
- dill pickle slices (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine chicken and coleslaw mix. Stir in barbecue sauce. Divide 1/2 cup of the cheese among four of the bread slices. Top with chicken mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Add the remaining four bread slices. Lightly coat outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Preheat a panini grill according to the manufacturer's directions. Place sandwiches, half at a time if necessary, in grill. Close lid and grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is toasted and filling is heated through. If desired serve with potato chips and dill pickle slices.
- 1/3 cup bottled Barbecue Sauce
- 1/3 cup Grape Jelly or seedless raspberry jam
- 3 cups frozen waffle-cut or thick-cut french fried potatoes
- 4 slices packaged ready-to-serve cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped honey-Roasted Walnuts or almonds
- 1 tablespoon bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 8 ounces uncooked ground chicken or Turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded italian-blend cheeses, Monterey jack cheese with Jalapeno Peppers, or gorgonzola cheese
- Snipped fresh chives
- 8 dinner rolls or cocktail-sized Hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato and/or lettuce
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Combine the 1/3 cup barbecue sauce and the jelly or jam. Mix with a wire whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Arrange waffle-cut potatoes or thick-cut french fried potatoes in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine bread crumbs, nuts, the 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Add ground chicken; mix well. Shape into 8 balls; place 2 inches apart on greased shallow baking pan. Moisten the bottom of a glass and press each ball to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place pan of burgers in oven. Bake fries and burgers for 5 minutes. Stir fries; turn burgers. Continue baking burgers and potatoes for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over fries. Brush barbecue sauce mixture on burgers. Bake burgers and potatoes 2 minutes more or until burgers are no longer pink in center and cheese is melted on fries.
- To serve, sprinkle fries with snipped chives. Place mini burgers in cocktail buns with additional barbecue-jelly mixture spooned over. Top with tomato slices and/or lettuce. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 3 1/2 pounds whole chickens
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup tomato paste
- peanut oil
- Cut up chicken, leaving drumsticks and thighs attached. Season chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use (up to 24 hours).
- In large nonreactive saucepan, melt butter. Add onion, garlic, and salt. Cook over low heat until onion is tender. Add crushed red pepper, paprika, chili powder, and black pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add water, vinegar, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a simmer. Stir in molasses. Whisk in tomato paste until smooth. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Cook, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Taste for seasoning, adding additional salt if needed. Remove 1-1/2 cups of the sauce to prepare chicken. Store remaining in the refrigerator; reheat to serve.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Heat 1/4 inch oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, place chicken, skin side down, in skillet. Cook until well browned, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer browned chicken to two 2- to 3-quart rectangular glass or nonreactive baking dishes. Place skin side up, adding breast portions to one dish and leg portions to the other. Add 2 tablespoons water to each baking dish.
- Spoon reserved 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce over chicken.* Cover chicken with parchment paper and then cover tightly with foil. (Refrigerate until ready to bake). Bake leg portions for 70 to 75 minutes and breast portions for 30 to 40 minutes (170 degrees F).
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. Uncover chicken and spoon on additional sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until well-glazed and meat is very tender. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce. Store any remaining barbecue sauce, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes 12 servings.