The pomegranate molasses marinade gives lamb a delicious stickiness and a distinct zingy flavour
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- juice ½ lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 4-6 lamb cutlets, depending on size
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
MethodCover and leave in a cool place for 2-3 hrs.
- 4 French-trimmed lamb cutlets (you can ask your butcher to do this)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 25g pistachio
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, torn
- 2 dill sprigs, roughly torn
- For the dressing, put the pistachios in a frying pan over a low-medium heat, and toss them around until golden and toasted. Roughly chop, then tip them into a bowl with the olive oil and herbs. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
- Rub the lamb with the oil. Bash the chilli and a little salt to a rough powder, then sprinkle over the lamb. Heat a barbecue to hot, or a griddle pan over a high heat, and cook the cutlets for 2 mins on each side for medium, or longer if you prefer your meat well done. Transfer to a serving plate and spoon on the pistachio & herb dressing. Serve with the Courgette & anchovy salad (see related recipes, right).
- Preheat the barbecue. Put the lamb in a bowl, season liberally with salt and pepper, then pour over half the lemon juice. Stir well and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and halve the cucumber and remove the seeds with a teaspoon. Roughly dice the cucumber and mix it with the remaining lemon juice and half the yogurt. Set aside.
- Pour the remaining yogurt over the lamb and mix well. Lay the lamb on the barbecue grid and cook for 5 minutes - the underneath should look quite dark as the yogurt cooks. Turn the lamb over and cook for a further 5 minutes, then place on a board and leave to rest while you heat the naan on the barbecue. Slice the lamb into pencil-thick strips, then cut the naan in half. Spoon in the cucumber sauce and top with the lamb and its juices.
- 2 peppers, any colour, deseeded and cut into chunky pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunky pieces
- 2 courgettes, sliced into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 lean lamb cutlets
- 1 tbsp thyme leaf, chopped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the peppers, sweet potato, courgettes and onion on a large baking tray and drizzle over the oil. Season with lots of ground black pepper. Roast for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, trim the lamb of as much fat as possible. Mix the herbs with a few twists of ground black pepper and pat all over the lamb.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven, turn over and push to one side of the tray. Place the cutlets on the hot tray and return to the oven for 10 mins.
- Turn the cutlets and cook for a further 10 mins or until the vegetables and lamb are tender and lightly charred. Mix everything on the tray and serve.