Prep Time 5min. Total Time 5min. Servings 1 serving
Pack yourself a lunchtime sandwich you can look forward to—like this turkey sandwich. With stuffing and cranberry sauce, it could bring on a festive mood!
- 1 slicewhole grain bread, toasted
- 6 slicesOSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1/4 cup hot prepared STOVE TOP stuffing Mix for chicken
- 1 Tbsp.whole berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1cup shredded or chopped leftover roast turkey breast (5 oz.)
- 3tablespoons canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2-1teaspoon canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 multigrain thin sandwich rolls, toasted
- 2 leaf lettuce leaves
- In a small saucepan combine turkey, cranberry sauce, and chipotle pepper. Cook, covered, over medium 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, fill sandwich rolls with lettuce and turkey mixture.
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1teaspoon purchased salt-free Cajun seasoning or Homemade Salt-Free Cajun Seasoning
- 1 clovegarlic, minced
- 8 very thin slices firm-texture whole wheat bread, toasted if desired
- 1cup fresh spinach leaves
- 8ounces packaged lower-sodium sliced, cooked turkey breast
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 smallgreen sweet pepper or fresh poblano chile pepper,* seeded and sliced
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning, and garlic. Spread on one side of each of the bread slices.
- To assemble, place four of the bread slices, spread sides up, on serving plates. Layer with spinach, turkey, tomato slices, and sweet pepper or chile pepper. Top with remaining bread slices, spread sides down. Cut in half to serve.Makes 4 sandwiches.
- 1 bone-in turkey breast half (3 1/2 lbs), skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 132 ounce box box (32 oz) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 packet mashed potato granules (from a 6.5 oz box)
- 1 envelope (.87 oz) turkey gravy mix (such as McCormick)
- 6 slices hearty white bread
- Place turkey breast half in slow cooker insert. Season with salt and pepper. Pour broth around turkey; add bay leaf, thyme and oregano. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or on LOW for 7 hours.
- Using a large spatula, carefully remove turkey from slow cooker to a cutting board. Remove and discard bones; strain broth from slow cooker into a bowl.
- Place mashed potato granules in a medium bowl. Ladle 1 1/2 cups of the strained broth over granules. Whisk to blend, then cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine gravy mix andin small saucepan. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute.
- Cut turkey crosswise into slices. Place 1 piece of bread on a plate. Spread with 1/3 cup mashed potatoes and some of the turkey, and top with a little gravy. Repeat to make 6 sandwiches and serve.