Serve Gordon Ramsay's stunning homemade coleslaw with your Boxing Day ham
- ½ large or 1 small fennel
- ½ white cabbage (about 500g), cored and thinly shredded
- ½ small red cabbage (about 200g), cored and thinly shredded
- 250g chunk celeriac, peeled
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- small handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch spring onions, shredded lengthways
- 3-4 tbsp seed & nut mixture from a pack, optional
MethodPlace in cold water for 1 hr until crisp, then drain and pat dry. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, then blanch the shredded cabbage, white cabbage first, in boiling water for 2 mins. Drain, then cool quickly under cold running water. Shake dry.
- 12 chipolata sausages
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 4 thick slices wholemeal bread (buttered if you like)
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 fennel bulb, very finely sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- Heat the grill to medium and cook the sausages for 10 mins, turning every so often. Brush with the honey mixture, then return to the grill for a further 1-2 mins or until cooked through.
- While the sausages cook, mix together the mustard, mayonnaise and yogurt. Combine the fennel, carrots and onion in a bowl, and stir through the mustardy dressing and a little seasoning.
- Pile the slaw onto the slices of bread and top with the sticky sausages.
- 8 good-quality pork sausages
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 tbsp chopped sage leaves
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp caster sugar
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 200g red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 bread rolls, split in half
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Snip the tops off the sausages and squeeze the meat out into a bowl. Stir through the grated apple and sage, then shape into 4 patties. Place the burgers on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 mins or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix the vinegar and sugar together with some seasoning. Stir to dissolve the sugar before stirring in the onion, cabbage and mustard. Leave to stand and soften while the burgers finish cooking. Place a burger in each roll and top with some pickled cabbage, serving any extra on the side.
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 140g frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- 1 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- juice 1 lime
- Stir all the dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl with some salt and pepper. Toss in the spring onions, sweetcorn and finely chopped red pepper. Can be made up to a day in advance and chilled. Let the salsa stand at room temperature for about 20 mins before serving.