Upgrade the classic Nice biscuit with a coconut cream icing and desiccated coconut topping - they're vegan, too
- 1 tbsp linseeds
- 400g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 200g coconut oil
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 280g golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 200-225g icing sugar
- 50g desiccated coconut
MethodPut the linseeds in a small bowl and add 3 tbsp water. Leave to soak for 5-10 mins. Meanwhile, rub the flour and coconut oil together in a large mixing bowl until the coconut oil is well distributed and the mixture looks like fresh breadcrumbs. Stir in the desiccated coconut and set aside.
- 1 2 pound deli-Roasted Chicken
- 1 15 ounce can unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 medium limes)
- 3 medium carrots, thinly-sliced diagonally (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons thai seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thai seasoning blend (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken. In large saucepan combine shredded chicken with coconut milk, water, lime juice, sliced carrots, soy sauce, the 2 teaspoons Thai seasoning and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- To serve, sprinkle bowls of soup with additional Thai seasoning and cilantro. Pass lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 part refrigerated Coconut Milk
- 1/2 part rum
- 1/4 part orange juice
- 1/4 of a medium banana for every 2 ounces of coconut milk
- Vanilla Bean paste to taste
- Toasted Coconut
- In a blender combine coconut milk, rum, orange juice, banana and vanilla bean paste in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour over ice, garnish with toasted coconut.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon brandy or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- For crust, in a small saucepan heat butter over medium heat until the color of light brown sugar. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In medium bowl stir together graham crackers, flour, coconut, pecans, and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in butter until combined. Evenly press on bottom of prepared pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar on medium until combined. Add eggs, brandy, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until center appears set. Cool in pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate. Cut into bars. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Makes about 32 bars.