- 13 - ounce cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 2tablespoons finely chopped tomato
- 2tablespoons chunky salsa
- 1teaspoon diced green chile peppers
- 1/4 cup coarsely crushed baked tortilla chips
MethodSprinkle with tortilla chips.
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 6 ounce jar (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely snipped dried pears
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, finely ground
- 2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup pear nectar or apple juice
- Hot cooked couscous or Rice
- Fennel tops (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine sliced fennel, mushrooms, and dried pears. Sprinkle with tapioca. Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with salt, thyme, and pepper. Pour pear nectar over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Serve chicken mixture with hot cooked couscous. If desired, garnish with fennel tops. Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 14 ounce package frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked Rice*
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 cup crushed rich round crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken in bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole. In large bowl combine broccoli, rice, and peas. Spread mixture over the chicken. In medium bowl combine cream of chicken soup, nacho cheese soup, diced tomatoes, milk, and crushed red pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Pour mixture over broccoli mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle crushed crackers evenly over all. Top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- *If you do not have leftover rice, cook 2/3 cup long grain white rice or brown rice in 1-1/3 cups boiling water for 15 minutes (40 minutes for brown rice) or until water is absorbed.
- 12 ounces dried cut ziti pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded asiago cheese (6 ounces)
- 1 cup finely shredded fontina cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup crumbled Blue Cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped smoked chicken or shredded purchased Roasted Chicken
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs) or fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons truffle-flavor oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Stir in flour, salt, and white pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Gradually add Asiago cheese, fontina cheese, and blue cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in chicken. Stir chicken mixture into cooked pasta.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole. In a small bowl, combine panko and truffle oil; sprinkle over pasta mixture. Bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.