These healthy smoky chicken wraps, packed with veg, are great for a night in. To make a veggie version, simply replace the chicken with roasted sweet potato
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can black beans, drained
- 4 large corn or flour tortilla wraps
- ½ avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- ½ Baby Gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 lime, halved
MethodToss in the onion and cook for 10 mins until softened. Crush in the garlic and stir for 1 min before adding the chicken. Turn up the heat and brown the chicken all over. Spoon over the chipotle and stir to coat for 1 min. Pour in the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Season well and reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- 2 tablespoons light Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons bottled light Ranch Salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle or ancho chile pepper
- 4 3/4 inch thick slices wheat or whole grain bread from a 10-inch round loaf
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked chicken breast*
- 2 roma tomatoes, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 slices lower-sodium, less-fat bacon, crisp cooked
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices reduced-fat Cheddar Cheese (3 oz.)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a bowl stir together sour cream, dressing, and chipotle pepper. Spread one side of each bread slice with the chipotle cream. Top one slice of bread with chicken, tomato, bacon, and spinach leaves, then add the second bread slice.
- Lightly coat an unheated panini griddle, covered indoor electric grill, or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat griddle over medium heat or according to manufacturer's directions. Add sandwiches (in batches if needed). If using griddle or grill, close lid and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is toasted. (If using a skillet, place a heavy plate on top of sandwiches. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until bottoms are toasted. Carefully remove plate. Turn sandwiches over and top with plate. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until bread is toasted.) Cut sandwiches in half; serve warm.
- 8 8 plain, tomato- or spinach-flaovred flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup Basil Mayonnaise (see recipe below)
- 12 ounces thinly sliced smoked chicken or Turkey, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red sweet pepper, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into strips
- Fresh purple or green basil leaves
- Place the stack of flat tortillas on foil; wrap tightly. Heat in a 350 degree F. oven about 10 minutes or until warm.
- Prepare Basil Mayonnaise; spread onto warm tortillas. Arrange basil leaves, chicken slices, and sweet pepper on tortillas. Fold up bottoms; roll into cones.
- 2 cups mesquite wood chips
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2 8 ounce tub tub plain Cream Cheese
- 2 oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pine nuts or almonds (optional)
- 4 8 tomato tortillas or plain flour tortillas
- 16 Fresh Basil leaves, cut into strips
- At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place chicken in a shallow dish. For marinade, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; pour over chicken. Cover; marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl stir together cream cheese, dried tomatoes, and nuts (if desired). If necessary, stir in enough water to make of spreading consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside. Wrap tortillas in heavy foil.
- Drain wood chips. In a grill with a cover arrange preheated coals in an even layer. Sprinkle wood chips over coals. Place chicken on a lightly greased grill rack directly over medium-hot coals. Cover and grill 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning chicken and adding tortillas halfway through grilling.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board; cool slightly and thinly slice. Spread the cream cheese mixture over tortillas; sprinkle with basil. Divide chicken among tortillas; roll up. Makes 4 servings.