- 4teaspoons canola oil
- 1pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2of a 14.4-oz. pkg.frozen pepper and onion stir-fry vegetables
- 214 1/2- ounce cansreduced-sodium chicken broth
- 114 1/2- ounce canno-salt-added fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 46 - inches corn tortillas, torn into small pieces
- 2teaspoons salt-free southwestern chipotle seasoning, such as Mrs. Dash brand
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese (3 oz.)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, thinly sliced (tip, p. xxx) (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
MethodDutch oven heat 2 tsp. of the oil over medium. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Cover and chill until needed.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 16 ounce package peeled Baby Carrots, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 medium leeks, halved lengthwise, rinsed, drained, and white parts thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 8 ounce package reduced-fat Cream Cheese, cut up and softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 8.8 ounces microwavable pouch cooked Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 2 pound purchased Roasted Chicken, skin removed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add carrots, leeks, and garlic; cook 6 minutes or until tender. Place milk and flour in a screw-top jar; shake until combined. Add milk and chicken broth to skillet; cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted. Stir in lemon juice and lemon peel. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon rice into a 2-quart baking dish; break up any clumps. Pour cream cheese mixture over rice. Pull meat into large chunks. Arrange over rice mixture, gently pressing pieces in. In a small microwave-safe bowl melt butter in the microwave, about 30 seconds. Add panko; stir to coat. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and lemon peel.
- 3/4 cup spinach-Basil Pesto
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (1 large)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons snipped Fresh Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Ground black pepper
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti or other pasta
- Fresh spinach and arugula mix (optional)
- Prepare Spinach-Basil Pesto; set aside. In a medium skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, and the 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook and stir for 1 minute more. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with additional salt and pepper. In a medium nonstick grill pan cook chicken over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Return spaghetti to hot pan. If desired, add spinach and arugula mix; toss just until wilted. Add pesto; toss gently to coat. Gently stir in mushroom mixture.
- To serve, slice chicken. Divide spaghetti mixture among dinner plates. Top with chicken.
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons bottled chopped Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 2 1/2 pound broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, Toasted
- 2 cups hot cooked Brown Rice
- For mole, in a blender or food processor combine tomatoes, onion, 1/4 cup almonds, raisins, cocoa powder, jalapeno peppers, sesame seeds, garlic, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coriander. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth.
- Remove skin from chicken. Line a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner (or coat cooker with nonstick cooking spray). Sprinkle tapioca in bottom of the prepared cooker. Add chicken. Pour mole over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-1/2 to 5 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Stir mole; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons almonds. Serve with hot cooked rice.