A fresh, summery vegan recipe that won't break the bank. Get 5 of your 5 a day the easy way
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ small pack coriander, chopped
- 400g can mixed beans, drained
- ½ x 460g jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt, to serve (optional)
MethodPrick the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 40-45 mins, or until tender and cooked.
Two of summer's top ingredients—corn and avocado—in one salsa? Add some Italian dressing for a burst of flavor, and you've got one crowd-pleasing dip.
- 2 largeavocados, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cooked fresh corn kernels
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp.hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Zesty italian dressing
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) Tortilla Chips
- Combine all ingredients except chips.
- Serve with chips.
"Sweet potatoes with orange and bourbon. I use 1/2 cup sugar but if you prefer candied sweet potatoes, use the whole cup. Orange juice can be substituted for the bourbon if you are serving to small children."
- Boil sweet potatoes until tender.
- Peel and mash until more or less lumpless. Add brown sugar, orange juice and rind, bourbon, butter or margarine, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Spread in shallow dish (10 inch deep dish pie plate works well).
- Bake 30 minutes in a 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven. Top with marshmallows and broil very briefly.
"This should be a dessert. It is so good! The crunchiness of walnuts and the fruity taste of raisins complement this traditional holiday dish."
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can apricot halves
- 4 apple - peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- In a large soup pot, boil potatoes until soft. Add sliced apples just 5 minutes before potatoes are done. Remove from heat. Drain.
- In a large casserole dish, mix potatoes and apples. Dot with butter.Sprinkle brown sugar, walnuts, and raisins on top of potato mixture.Pour apricots over top.
- Bake uncoveredfor 30 minutes.