- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup chopped cored apple, chopped seeded cucumber, or finely chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked Egg, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or Salad Dressing
- Salt and black pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
MethodAdd yogurt and mayonnaise; stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 Ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Golden Raisins
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise dressing
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sliced pumpernickel bread
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, separated into leaves, rinsed and patted dry
- In large bowl, lightly toss together the diced apples, diced celery, finely chopped carrot and golden raisins until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise dressing, mustard, salt and black pepper until well blended.
- Into a large skillet, pour enough water to reach a depth of 1 inch. Bring to a bare simmer. Add the sliced chicken breasts; gently poach until internal temperature of chicken registers 170 degrees F on instant-read thermometer, 8 to 10 minutes. With tongs, remove chicken pieces from liquid to a plate. Let cool 5 minutes. Save cooking liquid for soup-making.
- Meanwhile, in a small dry skillet, toast the curry powder over high heat, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir toasted curry powder into mayonnaise mixture.
- Cut the cooled chicken pieces into a small dice. Add the chicken along with the curry-mayonnaise mixture to the apple mixture; gently fold together with a rubber spatula until all the ingredients are evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, make sandwiches with the chicken salad, pumpernickel bread and lettuce.
- 5 1/2 pints purchased deli Chicken Salad
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup snipped fresh tarragon or mint
- 50 baked miniature croissants (4-inch or smaller), split
- In a very large bowl stir together the chicken salad and the tarragon or mint. Fill each split croissant with about 1/4 cup chicken salad mixture. Layer filled croissants in a large roasting pan; cover and chill up to 4 hours. To serve, arrange on serving platters. Makes 50 croissants.
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Red Onion (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped radishes or daikon
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 5 ounce carton Pina Colada or pineapple low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup Mango Chutney, snipped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup dry roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Basil leaves
- 12 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- In a large bowl combine chicken, grapes, red onion, radishes, and coconut; set aside.
- For dressing, in a small bowl combine yogurt, chutney, and curry powder. Stir dressing into chicken mixture. If desired, cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
- Stir cashews into chicken mixture. Divide basil leaves among 6 of the toasted bread slices. Spread chicken mixture over basil; top with the remaining 6 toasted bread slices.