- 12ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6ounces dried multigrain or whole grain penne pasta
- 1tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 4 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2cups broccoli florets
- 114 1/2- ounce candiced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onions, undrained
- 1tablespoon snipped fresh basil or oregano
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
MethodCook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- 4 cups water
- 6 ounces medium Rice sticks (Noodles)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 sweet spice-Rubbed chicken breast halves, thawed and sliced (see Recipe Center)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 medium green onion, sliced
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- Bring water to boiling. Place noodles in large bowl. Add boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice, soy sauce, and green onion. Transfer to noodles in bowl. Add arugula, basil, and cilantro to noodles. Toss to combine. Sprinkle crushed red pepper. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 9 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with italian herbs
- 1/2 10 ounce jar dried Tomato Pesto (1/2 cup)
- 1 9 ounce frozen roasted or Grilled chicken breast strips, thawed
- Shaved parmesan (optional)
- In 4-quart Dutch oven cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Return to Dutch oven. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato pesto, and chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until heated through. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 cups dried bow tie or other shape pasta (8 ounces)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped leftover cooked chicken, Turkey, Pork, Beef, or vegetables
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1/4 cup purchased dried Tomato Pesto
- Finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a 4-quartDutch oven cook pasta following package directions, adding the broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Return to hot pan.
- Stir chicken, undrained tomatoes, and pesto into pasta. Cook just until heated through, stirring occasionally. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.