A simple midweek chicken stew with rich tomato, olive and caper sauce. Serve with rice or bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 8 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large rosemary sprig, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 100g pitted green and black olive with herbs
- 2 tbsp caper
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- rice, to serve
MethodAdd the garlic and cook for 1 min more. Remove the onion and garlic from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- knob of butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 medium sticks celery, finely chopped
- 500g approx chicken thigh
- 2 fat garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 red or orange pepper, diced
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained (optional)
- Heat the butter in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook gently until softened.
- Add the chicken thighs, garlic, spices and thyme. Cook stirring until the chicken is opaque.
- Pour in the tomatoes, plus one extra can of water or enough to cover the chicken and vegetables. Add the stock and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 50 mins.
- If using, add the chickpeas and cook for a further five mins. Serve with rice. For young children, break the chicken into smaller pieces and serve.
Get ready for dinner ahead of time with our Make-Ahead Swiss, Chicken & Broccoli Casserole! The whole family will love eating this make-ahead casserole.
- 4 smallboneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
- 4 slicesOSCAR MAYER Deli Fresh Smoked Ham
- 4 KRAFT Extra Thin Swiss Cheese Slices
- 3 cups smallbroccoli florets
- 1 cupHEINZ HomeStyle Classic Chicken gravy
- 1/2 cupBREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN light Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp.GREY POUPON dijon mustard
- 12 round buttery crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cupinstant Brown Rice, uncooked
- Line 9-inch square baking dish with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray.Place chicken in prepared dish.Fold ham slices in half; place over chicken.Top with cheese and broccoli.
- Whisk gravy, sour cream and mustard until blended; pour over broccoli.Cover with foil; freeze until firm.Use foil handles to remove casserole from dish; place (with foil) in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag.Seal bag.Freeze up to 2 months.
- Remove casserole from freezer 24 hours before serving; place casserole (with foil) in 9-inch square pan.Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Heat oven to 400°F.Bake casserole 20 min.Uncover casserole; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.Bake 15 to 20 min. until chicken is done (165°F).Meanwhile, prepare rice as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Serve chicken casserole with the rice.
- 1/4 cup Country Crock® spread
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1tub Knorr® Homestyle stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1package (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Melt Country Crock® Spread in large skillet over medium- high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in milk, corn starch and Knorr® Homestyle Stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook 1 minute until thick and creamy, stirring constantly. Combine sauce with vegetables and pasta.
- Turn into 13 x 9-inch baking pan and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 15 minutes until heated through and crumbs are lightly golden.
- Cost per recipe*: $31 Cost per serving*: $55 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.