A fun way to serve chicken breasts and keep kids interested - why not get them to help?
- 40g bag tortilla chip
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 200g tub spicy tomato salsa
- 142ml pot soured cream
- handful grated mature cheddar
MethodCrush the tortilla chips. Put the chicken breasts on a non-stick baking tray, season, then slash each 3 times with a knife. Spoon 1 tbsp of salsa on top of each, then 1 tbsp soured cream.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g chorizo or pepperoni, skin removed, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp paprika
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, each cut lengthways into 4 (or buy chicken fillets)
- 200g bag corn chips (spicy if you like a bit of heat)
- 200ml tub crème fraîche
- jar of jalapeño peppers
- extra crème fraîche or soured cream
- smashed avocado
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the oil and chorizo in an ovenproof frying pan over a high heat and cook for 3 mins until the chorizo has released its oils and is starting to crisp. Stir in the paprika and tomatoes, and cook for 1 min.
- Season the chicken, add to the pan and cook for 5 mins, keeping the heat high. Add 2 tbsp water so there is a little sauce and the tomatoes cook down a little. Tip into a bowl.
- Put the corn chips in the pan and pour the chicken mix on top. Spoon over the crème fraîche and cook in the oven for 10 mins. Serve with the jalapeños, extra crème fraîche or soured cream, and smashed avocado.
- 300g jar mild or hot salsa, whichever you prefer
- 210g can red kidney beans
- 200g cooked chicken (leftover from a roast is ideal), chopped
- ½ small pack coriander, chopped
- about 75g nacho cheese tortilla chips
- 75g cheddar, grated
- salad, to serve
- avocado, to serve
- 1 lime, to serve
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Tip the jar of salsa and the beans with their juice into a pan. Stir in the chicken and coriander, then heat until bubbling.
- Tip the mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish. Top with the tortillas and cheese, then bake for 8 mins. Serve with a salad, preferably including some avocado, and a good squeeze of lime.
- 1pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 114 1/2- ounce canMexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 114 1/2- ounce canno-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 110 3/4- ounce cancondensed nacho cheese soup
- 110 - ounce packagefrozen whole kernel corn (2 cups)
- Shredded taco or cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, stir together chicken, undrained tomatoes, soup, and corn.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.