Prep Time 5min. Total Time 5min. Servings 1 serving
Sweet golden raisins and tangy blue cheese dressing up the flavor factor of this quick and tasty Chicken, Apple & Spinach Salad for one.
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cupapple slices
- 1/2cup chopped cookedchicken breast
- 1/4 cup slivered red onions
- 2 Tbsp.Golden Raisins
- 2Tbsp.KRAFT Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 medium fennel bulb (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced Fresh Basil
- Trim off stem end of fennel; quarter fennel but do not remove core. Place fennel in a small microwave-safe dish or pie plate. Add the water. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) about 4 minutes or until nearly tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in small bowl combine oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; whisk until smooth. Brush fennel and asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the dressing; set remaining dressing aside.
- Grill fennel on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Add asparagus to the grill; grill vegetables for 7 to 8 minutes more or until vegetables are tender, turning occasionally.
- Transfer fennel to a cutting board; cool slightly and slice into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices, discarding core. Divide fennel and asparagus among 4 dinner plates. Arrange spinach on top. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Top with Parmesan cheese and basil. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 apples
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 ounces baby spinach or mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 of a celery root, peeled, and very thinly sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- Core and chop one of the apples. In a large skillet cook chopped apple in 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender. Add vinegar, maple syrup, sage, kosher salt, and ground black pepper. Cover and blend until smooth. With the blender running, slowly add the remaining olive oil, blending until emulsified (smooth and thickened).
- Core and slice remaining apple. In a large bowl combine the spinach, sliced apple, hazelnuts, and celery root. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Chicken breasts are coated with a zesty Parmesan breadcrumb mix and served on a salad of baby spinach leaves in this tasty, sensible dish.
- 1/2 cuppanko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cupKRAFT Shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Seasoned Grated Parmesan Cheese Classic italian
- 6 smallboneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 lb.)
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Combine bread crumbs and cheeses.Moisten chicken; lightly press cheese mixture onto both sides of chicken to partially coat. Place on baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake 28 to 30 min. or until chicken is done (165°F).
- Heat dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat.Add peppers; cook and stir 3 to 4 min. or until crisp-tender.Add beans and spinach; cook 3 min. or just until spinach is wilted, stirring constantly.
- Serve chicken over spinach salad.