These nutritious bars are a brilliant post-workout snack. They're gluten-free and easy to prepare with no baking involved
- 75g mixed seeds
- 50g nut butter or peanut butter
- 50g clear honey or agave syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 50g prunes, chopped
- 50g dried figs, chopped
- 25g puffed brown rice (we used Rude Health)
MethodPut the seeds in a dry, non-stick pan over a medium heat and cook until they start to pop and turn golden. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup semisweet Chocolate Pieces
- 1/4 cup snipped dried cherries, Dried Apricots, and/or raisins
- In a medium bowl stir together peanut butter, honey, and vanilla until well mixed. Stir in 1/2 cup of the coconut, the oats, chocolate pieces, and dried fruit. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining 3/4 cup coconut in a food processor. Cover and process with several on/off turns until chopped. Using your hands, shape peanut butter mixture into 30 balls, each about 1 inch in diameter. Roll balls in chopped coconut to coat, pressing slightly to adhere. Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light-color corn syrup
- 2 cups Peanut Butter
- 3 cups crisp Rice cereal
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 4-serving-size packages butterscotch instant pudding and Pie filling mix
- 1 3.7 ounce package (2 bars) chocolate-covered crisp peanut Butter Candy (such as Butterfingers, finely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 12 ounce package (2 cups) semisweet Chocolate Pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with heavy foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan; set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine granulated sugar and corn syrup; heat and stir over medium heat just until mixture boils around edges. Heat and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in rice cereal and cornflakes until coated. Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place a piece of waxed paper over the mixture and press firmly with your hands; set aside.
- For pudding layer, in a medium saucepan melt the 3/4 cup butter over medium heat. Stir in powdered sugar, pudding mixes, 1/2 cup of the chopped candy, and the milk. Spread pudding mixture over cereal layer; set aside.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan heat and stir chocolate pieces and the 1/2 cup butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread frosting over pudding layer. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup chopped candy. Chill, uncovered, about 1 hour or until set. Cover for longer storage. To serve, use foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. Place on a cutting board; cut into bars.
- 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 8 ounce packages reduced-fat Cream Cheese (neufchatel), softened
- 1 8 ounce package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 ounce carton fat-free Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- Fresh blackberries and/or raspberries (optional)
- For crust, in a medium bowl stir together finely crushed graham crackers and melted butter until crumbs are moistened. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of an 8-inch springform pan (mixture may not completely cover bottom). Cover and chill while preparing filling.
- For filling, in a small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat and stir over low heat just until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat. Cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed; gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Divide mixture in half. Gradually stir melted chocolate into half of the mixture.
- Spoon half of the chocolate mixture over chilled crust in pan; spread evenly. Carefully spoon half of the white mixture in small mounds over chocolate mixture. Using a narrow, thin-bladed metal spatula or a table knife, swirl chocolate and white mixtures. Top with the remaining chocolate mixture, spreading evenly; spoon the remaining white mixturein small mounds over chocolate mixture and swirl again. Cover and chill about 6 hours or until set.
- To serve, using a small sharp knife, loosen cheesecake from sides of springform pan; remove sides of pan. Cut cheesecake into wedges. If desired, garnish with blackberries and/or raspberries.