Serve this zingy cocktail, with crème de cacao and grenadine, with a twist of pared orange zest for a stylish party drink
- 2 tbsp bourbon
- 2 tbsp crème de cacao
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- dash of grenadine
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- pared orange zest
MethodShake together, then pour into Martini glasses, add the zest, and serve. Alternatively, serve over ice in highball glasses.
- 16ounces light, cooked smoked Polish sausage or smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/3 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
- 3tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1tablespoon bourbon or water
- 1teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
- In a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker combine sausage slices, apricot preserves, maple syrup, bourbon, and tapioca. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 4 hours.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in the slow cooker for up to 1 hour. Serve with wooden toothpicks.
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 3/4 cups sparkling apple juice, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups spiced apple cider, chilled
- 4 - 5 cups ice cubes
- In a medium bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large pitcher, mix sparkling apple juice, bourbon, and spiced cider. To serve, add ice and apple chunks to each glass followed by the punch.
- 2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup artisan barrel-aged artisan gin
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ginger liqueur
- 1 tablespoon orange bitters
- 1 cup Vermont hard cider or other hard cider
- Ice cubes
- Apple slices
- In a pitcher use a muddler or wooden spoon to muddle grapes. Add apple cider, gin, lemon juice, ginger liqueur, and orange bitters. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours. Just before serving, strain and add hard cider. Serve with ice and garnish each drink with an apple slice.