Turn a pouch of cooked grains, plus three other ingredients, into an easy, vibrant vegetarian meal in just two minutes!
- 700g cooked beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 200g soft goat's cheese
- 80g bag rocket
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- Arrange the beetroot slices on a platter. Cut the mangoes either side of the flat stones, then peel and thinly slice the flesh. Lay the slices over the beetroot. Roughly crumble the goat’s cheese on top, then scatter over the rocket.
- Mix the orange and lemon juice, mustard and some seasoning in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil, then drizzle over the salad.
- 280g bag green bean, stem end trimmed
- 3 large oranges
- 250g pack cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), cut into slim wedges
- 100g toasted hazelnut, roughly chopped
- 150g bag baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the beans in boiling water for 2 mins, drain and run under cool water until cold, then drain well – they should still have a nice crunch. Using a sharp knife, remove the peel, then segment the oranges. Squeeze the juice from the pith into a small jam jar.
- Layer the orange segments, beetroot, beans, hazelnuts and finally the spinach into a large plastic food container ready for the picnic – this way the spinach won’t go soggy.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the dressing to the jam jar with some seasoning, seal and pack into your salad box. When you’re ready to serve, toss the salad and dressing together.
- 4 chicken thighs, skin left on
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges (keep the roots intact)
- 3 carrots, cut into batons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 250g quinoa
- 140g vacuum-packed beetroot (not in vinegar), finely chopped
- 5 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- small handful dill, chopped, plus a few fronds to garnish
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the chicken thighs, onions and carrots in a roasting tin. Season, drizzle with the oil and nestle lemon slices around. Bake for 30 mins. Stir everything, drizzle with the honey and bake for another 15 mins until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa following pack instructions, then rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Mix the beetroot, yogurt, garlic, dill and some seasoning in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the quinoa, the roasted veg and 2 tbsp of the cooking juices. Pop the chicken thighs and lemon slices on top, then scatter with dill fronds. Serve with a dollop of the beetroot yogurt on the side.