This classic French sauce is a must when serving up steak. Impress your guests with the real deal and mix through some fresh tarragon for extra flavour
- 4 x 225g sirloin steaks
- crushed black peppercorn
- splash of oil
- knob of butter
- ready-made Béarnaise sauce
- Press the 4 sirloin steaks into a plate of crushed black peppercorns. Transfer the steaks to a plate and leave to infuse with the pepper for 3-4 hrs or overnight in the fridge. Bring the steaks up to room temperature before frying. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan and sear the steaks for 1 min on each side to seal. Reduce the heat, add a knob of butter and cook for another 4 mins, turning once. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest. To serve, cut each steak into thin slices and thread onto small wooden skewers. Serve with small bowls of good-quality, ready-made Bearnaise sauce as a dip.
Kraft BBQ will surely make this noodle bowl a family favorite.
- 1 cupfat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cupKRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tsp.crushed Red Pepper
- 1 cupPLANTERS Dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 2 tsp.oil, divided
- 1-1/2 lb.boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 lb.spaghetti, uncooked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Blend broth, barbecue sauce, crushed pepper and 3/4 cup nuts in blender until smooth.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. or until done, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.Add onions and bell peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Drain spaghetti.Add to ingredients in skillet along with the chicken.Remove from heat.Add peanut sauce; mix lightly.Sprinkle with cilantro.Serve topped with remaining nuts.
Make luscious Brandied Cranberry Sauce at home in a snap, and you only need 3 ingredients! You can use orange juice for the brandy if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.Place cranberries in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring after 30 minutes.
- Add brandy; stir until well blended.Pour into jars or serving dishes.Cool completely.Cover and refrigerate several hours or until chilled.