This is great in summer on the barbie but a griddle on the hob still does it justice - luckily!
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- 300g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- small handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 leg of lamb
- zest and juice 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp each of cinnamon, fennel seeds, ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Put the lamb into a large food bag with all the juice and marinate overnight.
- The next day, take the lamb out of the fridge 1 hr before you want to cook it. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Take the lamb out of the marinade (reserve remaining marinade) and pat dry. Rub with half the oil and roast for 15-20 mins until browned. Remove lamb and reduce oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Mix the zests, remaining oil, honey, spices and garlic with plenty of seasoning. Lay a large sheet of baking parchment on a large sheet of foil. Sit the lamb leg on top, rub all over with the paste and pull up the sides of the foil. Drizzle marinade into base, and scrunch foil to seal.
- Roast for 4 hrs, until very tender. Rest, still wrapped, for 30 mins. Unwrap and serve with juices.
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 400g spaghetti
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 tsp small capers
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- pinch of sugar
- 500g red ripe cherry tomatoes, quartered
- bunch mint, leaves torn
- handful chives, snipped
- 1 or 2 x 125g balls buffalo mozzarella, depending on how lavish you feel
- Put the lemon juice and zest into a large bowl, tip in the onion, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 10 mins, to let the onion soften a little.
- Boil the spaghetti for 10 mins. Mix the oil, capers, chilli and sugar into the lemony onions, then season generously.
- When the pasta is ready, drain, toss with a splash of oil, then let cool awhile. Put into the bowl with the dressing, tip in the tomatoes and most of the herbs, then toss well. Tear in the mozzarella and toss ever so gently. Put into bowls, top with more herbs and drizzle with more oil to serve.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large courgettes, thickly sliced
- zest 1 lemon
- 100g feta cheese
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- small bunch mint, torn
- Brush a griddle pan with a little of the oil and place on a high heat, then griddle courgettes in batches for 2-3 mins on each side until charred and cooked through. Keep warm while you cook the rest.
- Layer on a platter and sprinkle over the lemon zest, then top with the feta, pine nuts, chilli and mint. Drizzle over the rest of the oil and some seasoning. Serve warm or at room temperature.