- 4ounces soft tofu (fresh bean curd)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 3tablespoons orange juice
- 2tablespoons plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 recipeWhole Wheat and Flax Crepes
- 1tablespoon light butter with canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 medium)
- 3/4 cup 1-inch pieces fresh asparagus
- 1/2of a smallzucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (1/2 cup)
- 2 clovesgarlic, minced
- Fresh dill
- Orange wedges
- 2tablespoonsrefrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
- 1/2 cuplow fat milk (1%)
- 1/4 cupall-purpose flour
- 1tablespoonwhole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoonsflaxseed meal
- 1teaspoonvegetable oil
MethodCover and process or blend until smooth; set aside.
- 19 - ounce packagerefrigerated whole wheat linguine
- 1 mediumred sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 mediumzucchini and/or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 8ounces packaged chicken stir-fry strips*
- 110 - ounce containerrefrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese (optional)
- 2teaspoons snipped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Using kitchen scissors, cut linguine in half. Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Return to hot pan; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add squash; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to skillet. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through.
- Add chicken-vegetable mixture, cheese (if desired), and thyme to cooked linguine; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- 3/4 12 - ounce packagecooked smoked chicken sausage with apple, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced sweet onion
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2teaspoons snipped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2cups chopped green, red, and/or yellow sweet peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces) (optional)
- 2teaspoons snipped fresh tarragon or parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet cook sausage over medium heat about 5 minutes or just until browned. Remove from skillet. In the same skillet heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook about 5 minutes or until tender and just starting to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Coat the bottom of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray or line the cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. In the prepared cooker combine sausage, onion, potatoes, thyme, and black pepper. Pour broth over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in sweet peppers. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
- If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Cover and cook for 15 minutes more. Before serving, sprinkle with tarragon. Use a slotted spoon for serving.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Southwest seasoning blend (such as McCormick)
- 6 cups fresh sliced peppers and onions
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 8 warm corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup jarred salsa verde
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with 1 tsp of the Southwest seasoning. Add to skillet and cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate.
- Add peppers and onions to skillet. Season with salt and 1 tsp of the Southwest seasoning. Cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add up to 1/4 cup water if mixture becomes too dry. Stir in shrimp.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa following package directions, about 15 minutes, adding remaining 1 tsp Southwest seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Wrap shrimp-and-pepper mixture in tortillas and serve with quinoa, sour cream, salsa, limes and scallions.