This filling and gluten-free vegetarian dinner is full of colourful vegetables, with a tangy sauce of lime juice, garlic and tamari
- 100g dried quinoa
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1cm/ ½ slices
- 1 large courgette (about 250g/9oz), sliced
- 100g green beans, tailed and cut in half
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- zest and juice 2 limes
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tsp wheat-free tamari
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces dried fettuccine
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size Pieces
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup sugar Snap Peas (strings and tips removed)
- 8 ounces tiny whole carrots with tops (about 12), trimmed
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Green onion strips (optional)
- In a small bowl combine dried mushrooms and 1 cup warm water; let stand for 15 minutes. Drain mushrooms, squeezing out excess liquid; reserve liquid. Slice mushroom caps; discard stems. Stir cornstarch into reserved mushroom liquid.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- In a bowl stir together the chicken, sherry, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic; set aside.
- Lightly coat a wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry sugar snap peas and carrots for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green onions and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Remove vegetables from wok; set aside. Add chicken mixture to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Push chicken from center of wok. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return vegetables to wok. Add mushrooms and pasta. Stir to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through. If desired, garnish with green onion curls. Makes 4 servings.
- 2-1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 Meat
Poblanos and sweet potatoes add a Latin twist to this quick stir-fry!
- 1/2 cupKRAFT balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 Tbsp.brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp.lite soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp.oil, divided
- 1-1/2 lb.boneless Beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 lb.sweet potatoes (about 2), peeled, cut crosswise in half, then cut into matchlike sticks
- 1 largeonion, sliced
- 3 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, deveined and thinly sliced
- 1 clovegarlic, minced
- 1/2 cupPLANTERS Dry Roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cupchopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cup hot cooked long-grain white Rice
- Mix dressing, sugar and soy sauce until blended. Heat 1-1/2 tsp. oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.Add 1/3 of the meat; cook 1 to 2 min. or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.Transfer to medium bowl.Repeat in 2 batches with remaining meat and 1 Tbsp. of the remaining oil.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet.Add potatoes and onions; cook 15 min. or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Return meat to skillet.Add chiles and garlic. Stir in dressing mixture; cook 3 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Top with nuts and cilantro.Serve with rice.
With only four ingredients and 15 minutes to a better-for-you veggie and shrimp stir fry, you've found one of the easiest recipes to try tonight.
- 1/3 cupKRAFT Lite asian toasted Sesame Dressing, divided
- 1 pkg.(12 oz.) frozen Asian mixed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, Snow Peas)
- 1 lb.uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp
- 1/4 cupchopped PLANTERS cocktail peanuts
- Heat 2 Tbsp. dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat.Add vegetables; stir-fry 4min.
- Add shrimp; stir-fry 4 min. or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining dressing; sprinkle with nuts.