Prep 20 m; Cook 15 m; Ready In 35 m;
"Delicious and bursting with flavor, Asian lettuce wraps are a great idea for entertaining or a family style meal. Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap. Just be sure to have plates or napkins available since the mixture can sometimes drip a little. To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the meat into a lettuce leaf. Wrap the lettuce around the meat like a burrito and enjoy!"
- 16 Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- 1 pound lean Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2pounds uncooked ground chicken breast
- 3 green onions
- 18 - ounce canwater chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1cup frozen sweet soybeans (edamame)
- 4teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Chinese-style hot mustard
- 2teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 114 1/2- ounce canreduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 12 leavesbutterhead (Bibb or Boston) lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- Asian chili sauce (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until no longer pink, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Thinly slice white parts of green onions; set aside. Cut the green parts of green onions into slivers; set aside.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine cooked chicken, the white parts of green onions, the water chestnuts, carrots, frozen edamame, soy sauce, mustard, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, and pepper. Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Strain mixture, discarding cooking liquid. Stir hoisin sauce and the green onion slivers into chicken mixture. Serve with lettuce leaves and, if desired, Asian chili sauce, and sesame seeds.
- 13 - pound boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 1 1/2 cups diced jicama or chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 2tablespoons cold water
- 24 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat in the cooker. In a medium bowl, combine jicama, green onions, vinegar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, salt, chili oil, and pepper. Pour over meat in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the water. Stir cornstarch mixture into liquid around the meat. Cover; cook about 15 minutes more or until thickened.
- Remove meat from cooker. Using two forks, shred meat. Return meat to cooker. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture onto each lettuce leaf. Fold bottom edge of each lettuce leaf up and over filling. Fold in opposite sides; roll up from bottom.
- 1 head Boston Lettuce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 1/2 cups frozen Bell Pepper blend (such as Birds Eye pepper Stir Fry)
- 1 pound extra-lean Beef
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
- Remove 12 small bowl-shaped leaves from head of lettuce; rinse and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Stir in peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add beef and cook for 5 minutes. Drain off any accumulated fat in the pan.
- Stir in stir-fry sauce and cook for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into each lettuce cup and serve.