- 2cups green leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 2cups arugula
- 1cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium Fuji apple or green apple, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4of a medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4teaspoons chopped pecans. toasted
- 2tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4teaspoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
MethodSprinkle with blue cheese and pecans.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes (about 3 lbs.), sliced into 1/2-inch slices or wedges
- 3 - 4 tablespoons extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Fleur de sel salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup packed fresh dillweed
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 3/4 teaspoon fleur de sel salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a platter, and drizzle with oil, lemon juice, and salt.
- Wash and drain herbs, and dry between two pieces of paper towel. Heat an iron wok on the stove top until hot. Toss in raw peanuts and dry-roast, 2 to 4 minutes over medium heat, so they cook on all sides. In the last minute of cooking, add 3/4 tsp. fleur de sel and white pepper.
- Chop herbs and combine with roasted peanuts. Sprinkle peanut and herb mixture over the tomatoes. Serve topped with additional herbs.
- 4 cups assorted tiny tomatoes
- 2 cups arugula or watercress
- 1 small fennel bulb, quartered, cored, and very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh italian parsley
- 2 shallots, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons cHampagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a salad bowl toss together tomatoes, arugula, fennel, and parsley. For Champagne Vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine shallots, oil, vinegar, zest, salt, and black pepper. Cover; shake well. Pour over salad.
You don't need much to create an elegant salad. Just some Parmesan, cooked chicken, tomatoes, beans and arugula—and Italian dressing never hurt, either!
- 1/2 cupKRAFT Shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cupKRAFT tuscan House italian dressing
- 2 Tbsp.water
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula
- Combine first 3 ingredients; spoon into 4 salad bowls.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Mix lightly just before serving.