If you think there's no spread quite like peanut butter, try this version, sweetened with honey, as an energy-boosting snack
MethodSpread the almonds on a baking tray and roast for 10 mins. Remove and allow to cool.
- 4 slices of your favourite bread (we used sourdough)
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 1 banana, cut into thin rounds
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- ½ tbsp sunflower seeds
- drizzle honey
- Toast the bread, then top with the almond butter, banana, goji berries and sunflower seeds. Drizzle over the honey and sprinkle with some flaky sea salt.
- 4 tbsp almond butter (make your own with the 'goes well with' recipe, right)
- 1 grapefruit (you will need about 100g flesh)
- 2 slices rye bread, toasted (optional)
- Toast your rye bread, if you like. Segment the grapefruit and spoon the fruit, along with any juice, into a small bowl.
- Spread the almond butter onto the rye bread, and top with the grapefruit, drizzling any juice over the top.
- 1 cup roasted almond butter
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 slices of banana
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- Combine almond butter, nectar, vanilla, and sea salt in a 2-cup-size jar. (Makes 1 cup almond butter.)
- Stir ingredients until well combined.
- Spread 2 tablespoons on sandwiches with banana and store leftover butter in fridge.